Top 7 Tools That Help Me Each Day
I typically don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day, but I thought in honor of this day, I would rather turn this into a giving holiday and share what I love with other people. While I could say the usual things (family, friends, vacation, Chai tea lattes), I thought that it would make more sense to provide a list of some useful resources that actually make me more successful. What 7 tools help me with work-life balance and also support me as an independent consultant? Here it goes….
- Nozbe – This online project management tool keeps me organized, on track and focused on my priorities and deadlines.
- Microsoft Excel – I use Excel daily for tracking information, sorting prospects, budgeting and creating useful charts for nonprofit clients.
- Flowcharts – The best way to map out a system or process to determine roles and responsibilities and multiple steps. I have used Microsoft Visio, must there are many other online resources out there that are less expensive.
- Coffee, Breakfast or Lunch – Rather than networking groups or conferences, I find that one on one personal meetings are the best ways to meet with clients, prospects, and/or colleagues.
- Highlighters – I am old school when it comes to reviewing grant guidance and important documents; I actually like to print out documents and highlight key areas of focus.
- Protein snacks and water – I always try to stay hydrated and fueled when I am sitting at my computer for several hours.
- Cards – I keep some uplifting notes and cards near me so I can read positive messages when I need a boost.
I am sure that there are things you love and enrich your life. What are your “must have” items that you need during the course of each day?