Top 10 ways to freshen up your Operations
It’s time for spring – flowers are blooming, baby animals are being born (go April!) and we can start fresh. From a business and organizational perspective, what can that mean for you? Here is a list of the top 10 ways you can tweak how you work:
- Create a new policy and/or standard operating procedure to track a new or existing process.
- Develop a new logo or update your website/marketing materials.
- Purchase or update a data tracking or project management software/system.
- Organize your paper and electronic files (A-133 audits require this!).
- Hold a retreat to update a strategic or business plan.
- Update proposal content to reflect existing programs and activities.
- Research statistics to ensure you have the most recent demographic and best practices information.
- Attend a professional development training or working group to learn new ideas.
- Cleanse your emails to declutter your Inbox.
- Prepare a case study of a successful activity or program you have undertaken.
What will you do to start fresh in the spring? I am working on cleaning out my closets and organizing my desk as we speak….