5 Reasons Not to Make New Year Resolutions
Happy New Year! The start of a new year always brings a desire to change, reinvent or redo things in our life that hold us back. However, in most instances, we fall short of these expectations. This is why I am choosing not to have any resolutions this year. Some food for thought….
- We feel worse if we don’t achieve our resolutions.
- Why does it have to coincide with the new year? Can’t we make resolutions when there is a need to do so? Change is an evolving process.
- Let’s put a positive spin on resolutions and focus on the things that our life that are working or make us successful, versus things we want to change.
- Are these resolutions leading to substantive changes or enhanced quality of life?
- Unless your resolution comes with an action plan, they are likely more aspirational in nature.
Maybe you are the kind of person that does like to make resolutions. I would also think about being grateful and focusing on the positive – perhaps create a list of thanks instead. Do you plan on making any resolutions this year?